The local advertising industry is growing rapidly, and Money Mailer’s multi-channel local marketing platform makes it easy for local businesses to reach their prospective customers both online and in print. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, small to medium-sized businesses account for up 99.9 percent of all U.S. businesses and employ approximately 60.6 million people, or 47.1 percent of the private workforce.
As of 2023, the local advertising market is a $165.7 billion industry…and growing by the billions every year.
Business Spending Trends on Local Advertising
Since the pandemic, consumers are more interested in shopping locally, so local businesses want to target their potential audiences in the most efficient and effective way possible to establish to grow their brands. Local advertisers rely heavily on both local print and digital marketing opportunities.
is spent on traditional marketing initiatives
is spent on local digital advertising
Local Digital Advertising
Local digital marketing has grown in popularity, because it is inexpensive and convenient, and it provides brands the ability to optimize local searches. According to a HubSpot blog:
- Four in five consumers want ads customized to their city, zip code, and area.
- 89% of people search for a local business on their smartphone at least once a week.
- 72% of consumers that did a local search visited a store within five miles.
- “Near me” or "close by" type searches grew by more than 900% over two years.
- "Restaurants near me" is by far the most popular "near me" search with 6.2 million organic searches per month.
Direct Mail and Coupon Marketing
Direct mail and coupon mailers play an important role in local advertising, and the industry as a whole is thriving:
- Direct mail is a $46 billion industry that is growing by billions annually.
- Direct mail marketing remains the third largest advertising medium in the US, also ranking second among demand-creation media, next to television ads.
Think about it. With so much digital noise in our everyday lives, direct mail, an under-estimated and unsaturated market provides a welcome disruption to the pervasive digital onslaught. As customer experience continues to drive current shopping trends, consumers prefer hyper-targeted direct mail pieces that you can hold in your hand and digest at your convenience. According to recent studies, the following insights about the direct mail industry show that it really does work in an ever-increasingly digital world. These insights include:
- Over 91% of direct mail is opened and read.
- Direct mail receives the highest ROI of 112% across all mediums, followed by SMS at 102%, email at 93%, and paid search at 88%.
- Consumers feel the most comfortable about receiving direct mail, more than any other advertising channel, including TV and social media ads.
- Around 71% of consumers feel that direct mail is more personal than online digital communication.
- Direct mail expedites the purchasing time frame. On average, any purchase decision takes longer than a week and over a third more than a month. However, with direct mail, 73% of purchase decisions take only 1+ day.
- All age groups like to receive personalized surprises in their mailboxes.
Direct Mail With a Digital Component
Better yet, hyper-targeted direct mail pieces with coupons, BOGOs, and other special promotions, in combination with a digital component, such as a link to your website, or QR codes that allow customers to interact with your products or services:
- Increase response rates of direct mail offers by 63%
- Increase website visits by 68%
- Increase leads by 53%
Join the Money Mailer Team
Money Mailer’s low-cost, home-based, B2B franchise opportunity capitalizes on utilizing the best of direct mail strategies in combination with digital advertising tools, to allow franchise owners to optimize their local business clients’ growth and expand their brand’s reach in their communities and beyond. By analyzing segments of the local population whose behaviors indicate that they are interested in local offers, Money Mailer targets consumers who will take advantage of these direct mail and digital offers and grow local businesses. Money Mailer franchises take the guesswork out of reliable, effective, and affordable direct mail and digital advertising solutions that local brands can count on as a one-stop marketing solution for all of their advertising needs.